It’s hard to believe that we’re already just about a third of the way through with the summer 2012, and it’s been a whirlwind month for sure! So before things get even crazier with Josiah’s arrival getting closer by the day, I wanted to go ahead and post up a quick update on what’s been going on in the Elizondo world.
- First of all, my Spurs lost, and it breaks my heart to no end. There’s no reason we shouldn’t have won the series against the Thunder, but oh well… now Lebron’s happy with his ring… boo…
- Activities with the youth since my most recent post: Beach Day, High school mission trip, Movie night, Middle school mission trip, Pool Day and more!
- UM Army, our high school mission trip was awesome! We went to Gonzales, LA to work for a week. My group built 2 wheel chair ramps (my first and second ever), one of which we completed within 1 day (including demolition, planning, and building from the ground up).
-Ramp #1: 32′ long
- Ramp #2: 46′ long (Done in a day, with the help of another work group)
- Big House is our Middle school mission trip. It is much less building intensive and more focused on lawn work/painting/etc. This year, I didn’t have a work team, but had the privilege of directing programs (i.e. leading all the evening activities). It was awesome getting to lead worship and plan the fun stuff. One night we went out to the beach to cool off, have dinner, and do some music.
- It has been loads of fun getting Josiah’s room together! Maybe you caught my Instagram teaser of a blog that Staci is currently working on of Josiah’s room… that Post will be up very soon! If you didn’t get to see that picture, check it out: (PS… it’s blurry on purpose)
- I celebrated my first unofficial/official Father’s Day! Staci got me a magnetic frame that can hang on my office whiteboard for pictures of Josiah. She also got me a really cool new polo! I love polos!
- Watched Inception for probably the 10th time at movie night with the students! Still love it!
- Got our youth intern, Tyler Bell, addicted to LOST! I love to spread the LOST love! …Oh and when I mean addicted, I mean addicted. This guy has watched 5 full seasons in 4 weeks and is on the final season already!
- Less than a month till “The Dark Knight Rises” comes out and I can’t flippin wait!!!!
- Josiah will be here so so so soon! And we’ll get posts up as soon as we can once he gets here so stay tuned for some awesome stuff coming up in the next few weeks!