Our guest room now looks like this:
And I cooked dessert on a paper plate a few nights ago because all of our dishes and most of our baking dishes are already packed.
In case you’re ever moving, have no baking dishes, and are running low on groceries, I’ll go ahead and share this super easy dessert I put together.
Apples a la Microwave
- 1 large apple (Granny Smith apples work well)
- Cinnamon (you choose the amount)
- 1 Tbs Brown Sugar (approximately)
- 1 Tbs Sugar (approximately)
- 1-2 Tbs Butter (I used Braum’s salted sweet cream butter)
- Peel and slice the apple.
- Place in microwave safe bowl (or doubled paper plates).
- Top with cinnamon, brown sugar, sugar, and sliced butter.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave another minute. Stir.
- Repeat until apples are desired softness (I think I probably microwaved them for 2-2.5 minutes total).
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
How easy is that?! It was really good too. Michael said that he liked it almost as much as apple pie. And it couldn’t be easier or quicker to make.