Christmas music is one of our favorite things about this season. We have WAY more albums than we’d be able to listen to since we only have a month, but here are some that are at the top of our list. Enjoy!
- “A Charlie Brown Christmas” by Vince Guaraldi — I love the movie, therefore I love the soundtrack. Many people, except for close friends, don’t know that I love jazz music. This album is classic and jazzy, it’s a definitely a holiday favorite!
- “The Christmas Sessions” by MercyMe — Great classics done in fresh ways. Plus Bart Millard (the lead singer) has an incredible voice. This CD has my favorite versions of 3 songs: “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen,” “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree,” and “Winter Wonderland/White Christmas”
- “Let it Snow, Baby… Let it Reindeer” by Relient K — This goes way back to either my junior or senior year of high school when Relient K (then, one of my favorite bands) came out with “Deck the Halls, Bruise Your Hands.” It was their original Punk-Rock Christmas album. Mind you, it’s not for everyone (if your not of fan of that style and prefer the more traditional Christmas). This album builds off “Deck the Halls…”(it includes the tracks from it) with brand new favorites. Some of the best Christmas remakes and some of the best Christmas originals!
- “Christmas Spirit” by Los Lonely Boys — Although they are known for their Hispanic spin on rock and roll, this album is a great bluesy addition to your Christmas collection! This is a very fun album!
- “Very Merry Christmas” by Dave Barnes — This brand new album has really good original Christmas songs and a couple of remakes. It’s a great refresher from the standard Christmas songs (which I enjoy, because even though I love Christmas songs, they tend to wear on you – so i appreciate the fresh feel of this album).
- “O Come All Ye Faithful” by BEC Record Label — Another brand new album. This album was recorded by the various artists featured on BEC Records. There are lots of great artists on this album. Definitely a good buy.
- “Vintage Christmas” by Various Artists — This is one I picked up last year. It has a bunch of old favorites by the greats: Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, etc. If you’re looking to go old-school, this is definitely the way to go.
- “At Christmas” by James Taylor — I like James Taylor’s soothing voice. It’s a really good all-around album.
There are a lot more great albums out there; these are just a few of my tops. Hope you check them out and enjoy them! Let me know what you think.
- “The Living Room Sessions – Christmas” by Chris Rice — I could literally listen to this CD all day. All of the songs are instrumental (piano only) and Chris Rice does an amazing job. It’s beautiful.
- “Very Merry Christmas” by Dave Barnes — Dave Barnes is one of my very favorite artists, and I was so excited to find his Christmas album this year. This is the most romantic Christmas album I’ve heard. He does a lot of the classics, and he also has some great original songs on it.
- “Let it Snow, Baby…Let it Reindeer” by Relient K — This is one of my favorites, too! I think we’ve probably listened to it around 5 times already. It’s what I want to listen to when I want something up-beat and different from the traditional Christmas music.
- “Elf” Soundtrack — “Elf” is one of my favorite Christmas movies, and this is one of my favorite Christmas albums. Some of the music isn’t necessarily “Christmas” but it definitely works. It’s fun and up-beat, which I love.
- “Let It Snow!” by Michael Bublé — I’ve loved Michael Bublé’s music since my freshman year of college. His music is incredible. His Christmas album (although only 6 songs) doesn’t disappoint!
- “Christmas with the Rat Pack” by the Rat Pack — There’s just something about Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis Jr. that is perfect for Christmas. This CD is classic.
- “The Christmas Sessions” by MercyMe — This is one of my favorites, too. They’ve taken a lot of the classic songs and made them their own.
- “A Christmas Together” by John Denver & The Muppets — This isn’t quality music by any means, but this was my family’s favorite from the time I was little. We would put this in every year while we decorated the tree.
- “WOW Christmas” (Green Albums) by Various Artists — There are some songs/artists on here that I’m not the hugest fan of, but over-all, I really like these albums. They’re a good mix.
–Staci and Michael