For those of you who subscribe to us, and others who casually read our blog, you may notice hwo Staci and I have not posted since mid-July. Welcome to our crazy summer life!
I decided to throw some thoughts and other random things about the summer into this post.
– So I did the math the other day and 42 days out of 78 day summer we spent doing some kind of a youth activity (not including Sundays for Sunday school)!
– Within those 42 days, we spent 24 of those days outside of Beaumont and 22 of those nights were spent out of our own beds due to our 2 mission trips (UM Army and Big House), 1 camp (Lakeview), and 1 conference (Youth 2011 in Sacramento)
– Oh yeah the days above only include days spent away due to our youth. We were also gone on a week long vacation in New Braunfels, TX (hittin up good ol’ Schlitterbahn and Canyon Lake). We also spent several nights in Houston with Staci’s cousins who live there.
– Throwing out a round number, we spent a good 2/3 of our summer busy and away from home! CRAZY!
– It was really rewarding though. UM Army was incredible and Big House was lots of fun. It was great bonding with the students at camp, and, what can we say, California is awesome and the conference was great!
– … well let me rephrase that last sentence… Sacramento and San Francisco were awesome!!! L.A. was overrated. No offense!
– The Holly wood sign was pretty cool though, but about the scariest road I’ve ever driven on in my life.
– The Golden Gate Bridge was really pretty.
– Oh yeah we still have one more overnight “Lock-out” with the students this weekend! yikes!
– TX represented well at the Youth 2011 conference (3 different main entertainment acts and teachers were from South East Texas!)
– Our house is almost completed and we move in literally 2 weeks from today!!! (For more pics on the house check out my facebook page)
All in all our summer may have been outrageously crazy, but it was way worth it! I love our job and house down here and I wouldn’t trade it for anything! God has really blessed us and we are excited to see what God will do in the future!