Well, a lot has been going on in the life of little Josiah. We wanted to give you a quick update since he’ll probably be here before too long!
- He’s getting so big! 1.5 weeks ago, we had an ultrasound and he measured to weigh approximately 6 lbs, 11 oz. So he’s probably in the middle 7 lbs by now.
- I’ve officially been off all bedrest since June 7. It’s been great to be able to move around and do whatever I feel like doing. Needless to say, there’s been LOTS of nesting going on.
- I’ve finally been able to start going on walks and doing my pregnancy workout video again. It makes all the difference in the world to be able to be active. (By the way, I highly recommend Lindsay Brin’s Pregnancy DVD Workout Videos; they’re separated into each trimester and a postnatal workout.)
- Josiah is a little nut! He makes my entire stomach move around constantly. He gets hiccups multiple times a day, plays with Michael every time he touches my stomach or talks to him, and does some crazy moves. He’s been too big to really kick for a while now, but it hasn’t kept him from moving around!
Before I give an update on the Baby Plan (aka when we’re expecting him to come), here are the past few Pregnancy Bump Pictures. I feel like I’ve stopped growing around…I guess he just looks different since he’s so much lower now.
I haven’t taken a picture this week, but I’ll take one tonight because Michael and I are going on what will probably be our last date for a while. We’re going to celebrate his 25th Birthday! His actual birthday is the 2nd, but….
JOSIAH WILL PROBABLY BE HERE THE 3RD!!!
Yep, that’s right. Our little guy will most likely be making his debut in 4 days!!!
How do we know? Our little stinker is still breech. He is already super strong willed, and he has refused to do anything the normal way this pregnancy. First, it took a long time to actually get pregnant with him, then there was the marginal placenta previa, then he had echogenic bowels, then he tried to come super early…and now he wants to wait it out and stay in the position he wants to stay in…no matter what we try.
We’ve tried so many things to get him to turn, and he’s had fairly similar responses to each:
- Michael has been talking to the lower part of my belly for months now. Result: a kick in the mouth…or a punch in the cheek.
- Shining a flashlight on my lower belly. Result: he kicks the light.
- Playing music on my lower belly. Result: he LOVES the music. He moves around…and he kicks the headphones, phone, etc.
- I’ve even tried putting my shoulders on the ground and my rear in the air to make him confused so he’ll turn. Result: lots of squirming and his head moving up to my ribs. Oh, and dizziness and shortness of breath on my part. Oh, and of course he kicks me with this too.
So, unless I have him this weekend (I’ve been having more contractions and other signs, but nothing to make me think he’ll be here in the next day), we’re scheduled to go back to the doctor on Monday and hopefully have him on Tuesday. If I do go into labor before Tuesday, I’ll be having a c-section since he’s breech.
My doctor has scheduled to try to turn him (by pushing on him on the outside of my belly) on Tuesday. Yes, I know this has the potential to be super painful. But depending on his cooperation, it could make it where I can avoid a c-section. And I’ve heard that sometimes it can even be a relatively quick and painless process. It just depends.
Depending on my visit on Monday, we’ll know if she is going to induce me after the turning (if it’s successful). If I’m progressed enough, (and I think I will be) I’ll be induced. If not, we will wait until later in the week to try to induce me. The reason for this is that she doesn’t want him to turn back around after he’s been turned.
There’s also a chance that the turning will distress him, in which case we’ll go straight to a c-section. Also, if she can’t get him to turn or I’m in too much pain in the process, I think we go ahead and have a c-section. I’m not sure if this will be on Tuesday or if we’ll just have one when I go into labor. I’ll have to ask Monday.
So there’s the deal. Josiah will more than likely be here in 4 days!!
I have to admit I’m a little nervous about the turning and about possibly having a c-section. I texted with my cousin last night, and she reassured me about the c (she’s had two). One of my friends here in town also had one recently and gave me a few pointers. And I’ve talked to a few youth moms who have had kids turned. But I’m still a little apprehensive about both. So if you have any tips, I’m all ears!!
We are getting SOOOOO excited for Josiah to finally be here!
I’ve done about 40 tubs of laundry (cloth diapers have to be “prepped”–more on this later; baby clothes; pillows; curtains; and more–pretty much anything I could wash in our house has been washed).
We’ve also gotten his room all ready (post on that SOON!). I’m so thankful that Michael loves being involved in all of the baby stuff.
My mom cleaned like a pro when she was here a few weeks ago. She did all of the baseboards, ceiling fans, dusting (including frames!), and more.
We’ve pretty much done everything we can to get ready for his arrival. Now I just have to get a move-on with these thank you notes! We’ve been SOOOO BLESSED. And I want to make sure we say thank you before things get crazy with our little guy being here.
I guess that’s pretty much it in the way of baby news. We will let you all know when he’s finally here! (In fact, I’ve already made a post draft with fill-in-the-blanks for his birth information!)
Thanks so much for reading along! We’re excited to share all of this with you!
–Staci and Michael